Choose First Super as your default super fund
Do you pay super for your employees? Then you must also nominate a default super fund for your workplace.
A default (or ‘employer-nominated’ fund) is for any employee who doesn’t have a fund of their own.
Choosing a high-quality default fund can lead to better retirement outcomes for your employees. And it’s an opportunity for you to partner with a fund that cares about helping you meet your super obligations, while you stay focused on your business.
WHY CHOOSE FIRST SUPER AS YOUR DEFAULT?
Here’s how we put employers first.
- Member and Employer Services Coordinators for hands-on service. Keep your local Coordinator in your contacts list, and whenever you need help with super administration or payroll queries, give them a buzz or shoot off an email.
- A proactive approach to superannuation rule changes. We’ll keep you informed whenever superannuation laws change, so you’ll spend less time trawling the ATO website for answers, and more time adapting your business for what’s coming next.
- Respect for your schedule. We believe in keeping members educated and informed about their super, so we offer workplace and one-on-one site visits. But we slot into your schedule, not the other way around.
- Easy payment options. We offer a free and secure Clearing House to take the hassle out of making super contributions.
THERE ARE RULES AROUND CHOOSING A DEFAULT FUND
The fund you nominate must be:
- a complying fund that meets certain obligations under superannuation law
- registered by the Australian Prudential Regulation Authority (APRA) and offer a MySuper product.
First Super meets both these requirements. You can check this on Superfund Lookup.
You should also check that you can nominate First Super. Some employers are governed by Modern Awards or Agreements that determine where they can pay super. If you’re not sure if there’s an award for your industry, use Industry Super’s Default Fund Finder to find out.
BENEFITS FOR YOUR EMPLOYEES
The super fund you choose for your workplace could make a big difference to your employees’ future. Here’s what First Super offers.
- We’re an industry super fund. That means we don’t keep profits for ourselves – we return them to our members.
- We’ve consistently delivered strong investment returns for members. In fact, over the 10 years to 30 June 2021, the First Super Balanced option returned an average of 8.39% per year*.
- We work hard to keep fees down, because we know every cent counts towards growing members’ retirement balances.
- Our Coordinators run workplace education sessions to help members understand their investment and insurance choices through First Super, work out how much super they need to retire, and discover ways to boost their balance.
- We believe it’s never too early or late to benefit from financial advice, and our advisors can work with members to plan and set up the right strategy. Advice may be cost free as part of membership.
GET HELP FROM OUR EXPERT TEAM
Our Business Development Managers specialise in helping employers seamlessly transition their default super arrangements to First Super. To discuss your options and feel confident you’re making the right decision for your workplace, get in touch today.
*Past investment returns are not a reliable indicator of future returns.