Joining new employees & TFN
If the employee is not yet a First Super member:
- Provide the employee with a copy of the First Super Product Disclosure Statement (PDS) or call 1300 360 988 for a copy of the PDS.
- Return the completed Member Application form found on the back of the PDS to First Super no later than your next contribution payment. We will send a Welcome letter and membership card to your employee.
- Add your employee’s details the next time you make a super contribution.
Be sure to include the following employee details:
- full name
- address details
- date of birth
- Tax File Number and
- start date
TAX FILE NUMBERS (TFN)
First Super will accept employer contributions including any salary sacrifice contributions without a TFN, but the top marginal tax rate will be levied on these contributions.
Under TFN laws, it is optional for your employees to provide you with their TFNs.
Your TFN Responsibilities
You should respect the privacy of employees who provide you with their TFNs.
- collect and hold TFNs in a secure manner; and
- only pass on TFNs that have been collected for superannuation purposes to the correct super fund.
TFNs that are given to you by your employees for superannuation purposes must be accepted and passed onto the Fund within 14 days of receipt or with the next contribution payment.
The TFN Declaration form completed by your employees will authorise you to do this.
The First Super Member Application form allows the employee to quote their TFN and pass on their details if they wish to transfer their benefit from another fund. The TFN will also assist in locating lost super and identifying their superannuation benefits.