When people think of their superannuation benefits, they usually think of the accumulation of contributions and investment earnings that they will have access to during retirement.
But another benefit of your superannuation is the insurance cover available.
At First Super, we offer three types of insurance cover:
- Death (including Terminal Illness);
- Total & Permanent Disablement (TPD); and
- Income Protection.
Death cover provides a lump sum payment in the event of your death, or on diagnosis of a terminal illness. It can be used for your debts, your funeral, or to help your family pay the bills that keep coming in.
TPD cover provides a lump sum payment if you become totally and permanently disabled. It can be used for your ongoing bills (such as mortgages and living expenses) and for your medical expenses.
Income protection cover provides you with an ongoing payment if you can’t work for a long period because you are sick or injured. You can receive up to 85% of your income while you’re off work (depending on your level of cover). This way, you don’t have to think about the bills. You can concentrate on recovering.
Okay, but why First Super?
- There are no out of pocket expenses as the premiums are paid through your super;
- You’ll get competitive premiums as First Super negotiates group purchase rates on behalf of its members;
- Flexible options to suit your needs and circumstances
- You won’t need to get an initial health check; and
- You can change your level of cover any time.
To be eligible for insurance cover, you need to be:
- An Australian citizen, a permanent resident of Australia, or a non-citizen for whom an employer is required to make superannuation guarantee contributions; and either;
- Between 11 and 69 years of age (for Death and TPD cover); and
- Between 16 and 64 for Income Protection Insurance.
We’re here to help. So let’s talk.
If you would like to discuss your insurance option or have any other questions, please don’t hesitate to call our Member Services Team on 1300 360 988,
or email us.
Benefits of MetLife
First Super provides peace of mind when it comes to your insurance. Backed by MetLife; one of the world’s largest insurers we understand the emotional and financial value of providing the right protection to you and your loved ones. MetLife has over 145 years’ experience providing assurance to 100,000,000 customers in more than 40 countries worldwide. MetLife offers reliability, stability and insurance to meet your specific needs.