Get your retirement health check today
‘How much super do I need to retire?’ And ‘do I have enough?’ are two of the most common questions our members ask us as they approach retirement. Find out in 30 minutes with our complimentary Retirement Health Check.
30 minutes of useful information
When you retire, your super becomes an essential part of your life. It’s the money you use to pay the bills, order the groceries, buy your sister’s birthday present, and say ‘next round’s on me’.
So, it’s important to understand if your savings are going to be enough for your retirement. A Retirement Health Check with one of our Financial Planners can:
- Project how much you could have when you retire.
- Tell you how long your savings are likely to last and fund your lifestyle.
- Tell you if the Age pension may be an income source during your retirement years.
How the Retirement Health Check works
If you book a Retirement Health Check, we will:
- Arrange a Zoom call with you at a convenient time – 30 to 45 minutes is plenty.
- Consider your current super balance, current investment choice, any contributions you make or receive, when you plan to retire, how much income you’ll need in future, and how the Age Pension could help you.
- If you have a partner, we can include them too.
- Create a projection of your future savings and how long they’re likely to last.
By the end of the meeting, you’ll know if your super is on track for your retirement.
Plus, we’ll give you a copy of your projection and a short report about the meeting.
Can anyone access this service?
Only First Super members can benefit from this service. We can include our member’s partners, even if their super is elsewhere. There is no extra cost – the service is covered by your fund membership.
If you’re still a long way from retirement, knowing if you’re on track or not can help you make decisions today to increase your future income. Ask for Super Health Check.
If you’re close to retirement, a Retirement Health Check will give you the facts about where you’re at – and if you need to seek further help to get your super ready.
I don’t have much savings?
Some members with smaller balances worry that advice services aren’t for them – but actually the opposite can be true! When you include the Age Pension, a small super balance (and any other savings you might have) can be budgeted very effectively to give you a dignified retirement lifestyle.
Getting the advice that’s right for you
The Retirement Health Check looks at how long your super will supplement your income in retirement. It takes into consideration your existing financial circumstances including your:
- current super contributions
- investment choice
- whether the Age Pension will be available to you
The Retirement Health Check is covered by your First Super administration fees so it won’t cost you any extra.
If you’re interested in more comprehensive personal advice, discuss this with your financial planner at your Retirement Health Check. We can provide personal advice on a range of things including:
- how to make additional contributions to your super
- which investment options would best suit you
- how to maximise the Age Pension eligibility and
- other strategies that may help you meet your individual retirement goals
Where this type of personal advice is limited to your First Super account only, there is no additional cost to you. Additional fees will apply for personal advice recommendations that goes beyond your First Super account.
First Super financial planners are authorised representatives of Industry Fund Services Limited (ABN 54 007 016 195, AFSL 232514).